New Homepage! Plus, Updates and News!


This website is about delivering as much value to you as humanly possible.  With that in mind, I have been fiddling with ways to make the website, blog, and tutorials easier to navigate and explore.  Blogs are fantastic in that they allow you to get information out fast and furiously... On the other hand, a blog with five years of content and over 1,000 posts can be extremely overwhelming to explore (especially the archives...).  This, along with the fact that almost 60% of the daily traffic to this blog is through search engines, have pushed me to make the site a bit less overwhelming.

Home Page

I took some time and really thought about how I could de-clutter the landing page for new and returning visitors. I wanted a well designed, one-page (no scrolling), and minimal landing page.  All of the important aspect of the site in one place (social media links, recent blog posts, tutorials page, BIM After Dark links, etc...).


Additionally, I wanted a single landing page for both BIM After Dark and The Revit Kid.com.  I even toyed with the idea of branding it all together and the blog would become the "BIM After Dark Blog"... But... I can't seem to let go of "The Revit Kid"... Yet...

If you have not seen the new homepage, click here to take a look.... 

Comment below this post and let me know what you think!!  I would love to hear your feedback.

Get Started! Page and Video

In addition to the homepage, I have been tweaking other pages within the website over the past few weeks.   The old "About" page is now a "Get Started Here!" page.  This page will hopefully help new visitors get a feel for the website, content, and navigation.

I also created this "Getting Started with The Revit Kid.com!" video to illustrate all the site has to offer....

Click here to keep reading! »


EmoticonEmoticon