From Revit to Lumion - THE ULTIMATE REVIEW



I first gave Lumion a try back in 2012 when they released Lumion 2.2 free for students.  To be honest, I was extremely disappointed.  The process of getting a Revit model into the program, applying materials, and making something that looked presentable was far from seamless.  Well, what a difference three years can make!

To be completely honest, the only reason I started using Lumion again was due to the fact that the company I now work for invested in it a few months before I started working for them. Essentially, they said, "well, we bought it... can you use it?".  Reluctant at first, I took it as an opportunity to not only see the progress Lumion did (or didn't) make but to see if I can produce visualizations comparable to what can be done within Revit itself.  

As of today I have been using Lumion (Pro Version 5.3 for three months and I am hooked!  Not only is the work flow between Revit and Lumion very simple but the quality of the visualizations I have been able to create are fantastic (images and videos).

In this post I will break down my process of using Revit and Lumion in tandem to create renderings and animations just like the ones above...

Click here to keep reading! »


EmoticonEmoticon