Revit Material Management Tips and Tricks


I have been getting many questions about different aspects of managing materials in Revit.  I thought it would be valuable to wrap a bunch of my material management techniques into a post here on the blog.  I also dug through the archives and pulled up some old posts (warning, some videos may be "pre-ribbon"!!):


Here is a good one from July 2009 (more material creation than management):


Tutorial - Families and Materials


While I was away from the blog and digging my face into the LEED reference guide I received a lot of emails. There were a few emails that were very alike and I would like to address the issue. It was very hard for me to think of a way to explain the answer in an email so I did it The Revit Kid.com! way with a nice easy to follow video.

The question had to do with conflicts between family materials and project materials.

Click here to keep reading! »


EmoticonEmoticon